Author Topic: how to analyse a hand with a limper?  (Read 5419 times)

akalyptos92

• View Profile
how to analyse a hand with a limper?
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »
 i tried to analyse a hand with 1 limper and i got confused.. the first action it should be call the blind from the limper i guess.. but there is no such choice at the menu... should i model it as raise/call from the limper? or i should consider that the first action comes from the raiser and choose raise call again? i also dont quite understand what is P1/P2 post size .. size of bets or size of stacks before first action?.. i would appreciate if you could answer with an example.. any links with video tutorials would be useful too

Eisflamme

• Administrator
  • PokerRanger
    • View Profile
Re: how to analyse a hand with a limper?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:44:05 AM »
Hi akalyptos92,

calls of limps are rarely wished by users, so that we decided to not offer this option at the moment.

It depends what you would like to analyze. If you want to check your raise, this should be the first action. In general, PokerRanger is used for analyzing active lines, i.e. bets, raises, 3-bets and so on. If you just want to analyze a call, you should indeed use some active action (like raise) as first action and consider the EV of the other player, when he only calls.

i also dont quite understand what is P1/P2 post size .. size of bets or size of stacks before first action?.. i would appreciate if you could answer with an example.. any links with video tutorials would be useful too
I can understand that this might be confusing at the beginning. :)

There are some general information in text format in our features/tutorials section: http://www.pokerranger.net/Features/EVFECalculations/Input

Also, you can view an example for the EV/FE tab at about minute 3: http://www.pokerranger.net/ShortVideo

The first action always refers to the action you would like to analyze. Post sizes could be small and big blind postings preflop. And the sizes of the stacks before the first action are simply the remaining stack sizes before the first action (e.g. raise) is made. The same applies for "pot size before action" which includes all the money which has gone into the pot before the "first action" (including blinds, other posts, bets/raises prior to the "first action").

Does this help you? If you need further information, please just keep asking. :)

Thank you very much for your interest and best regards,
Eisflamme
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:49:41 AM by Eisflamme »