Author Topic: Card removal  (Read 4781 times)

kturrell87

• View Profile
Card removal
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »
Hi there :)

Enjoying the software, I've noticed that in the two player board hits tab, if I hover over the hand strength column to get the range preview, card removal from board cards has been performed and combos reduced accordingly, but not card removal from player 2's hand i.e. if player 1 has AA, the board is KQJ, and player 2 has AK, player 2 shows as having 12 combos of top pair (AKs=3 and AKo=9) rather than the 6 total from player 1's card removal effects.

Interestingly all cards are removed when you hover over a full range, or try to edit the range. Would it be possible to include this card removal for the hand strength rows as well?

Cheers,
Karl

Eisflamme

• Administrator
  • PokerRanger
    • View Profile
Re: Card removal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Hi kturrell87,

this is intended because the actual range that contains the hand strengths still has 12 combinations, as none of the combinations can be discounted completely. Even in the case of AsAd for player 1, AK should be completely in the range and only displayed as discounted because after copying the range and changing Player1's range, we still would like to have the corresponding hands in.

Of course, your suggestion is appreciated and noted anyways.

All the best,
Eisflamme

kturrell87

• View Profile
Re: Card removal
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I think I understand, if player 1's range was to be wider than AsAd, we couldn't do card removal for the reasons you gave.

But in a situation where I'm analysing a hand, and I know that my cards are removed, because I don't have a range but a single combo like AsAd, it'd be useful to be able to see villain's range discounted.

I think I've found a workaround in that I can add my own hand to the 'dead' pile as well, but it feels a bit hacky and might have other effects? Potentially a checkbox to do card removal when one player has a single combo?