Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 4916 times)

livefree

• View Profile
Feature request
« on: May 01, 2015, 06:19:19 PM »
HI at the moment I am using the trial version of the Pokerranger
While I am impressive what the software can do I am disappointed the software does not enable you input a weighted range like Flopzilla does.
For example, if I only want to input 50% of my AcKc combo theres is currently no way to do this in Pokeranger.

Having a mixed strategies in today's games is very important especially since there are some very powerful GTO softwares released recently,
we should expect to see mixed strategies become much more prevalent in the near future.
Therefore being twice the price as the Flopzilla is, I would really expect your software have this important feature when your main competitor does have it.

Also, there is only a equity distribution graph shown under the EquityGraphs tab currently,
can you please also add a table which show the hands of the range and their corresponding position on the graph like how the HoldEQ software does which is shown in the following picture.

http://i.imgur.com/dANQOnX.gif

I would gladly purchase the software if the above features can be added into the software.
Thanks

Eisflamme

• Administrator
  • PokerRanger
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 08:52:47 AM »
Hi livefree,

we definitely will put weighted ranges in in future releases. The question is: To what extent.

Could you provide an example, where a weighted range would make an important difference? You talk about mixed strategies, which seems to affect more than one singular range. I understand that you might make statements like "I will raise AcKc 30% of the time and call it 70% of the time" or something like that. However, it should match with the group function, so that you can also subdivide some range into two parts, while part1 has 30% AcKc and part2 has 70% AcKc.

Is this part of your feature request as well? It would make it far more complicated and I do not know any software that enables this so far. Gladly I would like to hear your input for that topic!

About the equity distribution graph: You are right here, there should be some additional information about hands and their ranking, nice idea!

All the best,
Michael

Kalupso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:00:18 PM »
I would like to be able to import ranges from programs like GTORB and other solvers. That means every single combo like AcKd or 2c2s needs its own weight when importing ranges.

I do not know if it is useful to be able to have that option inside the program, but to be able to select a weight for each type of hand (like AKo, 22) would be great.

Here is a solution from GTORB: http://gtorangebuilder.com/#share_calc=8c4d2d_308bcb604475ef6d8add465e87b6ae38
You get the option to copy the ranges by first clicking on one of the blue nodes and then hero or villain in the tab that pops up to the right. Click the expand button bellow the range string to get the same syntax as CREV and flopzilla uses for weights.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:02:58 PM by Kalupso »

Eisflamme

• Administrator
  • PokerRanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
Hi Kalupso,

we have read that post before, of course. Now, we have some news.

The next release of PokerRanger (version 2.0) will have weighted ranges. The weights will be on a combination basis and also support groups. Precision will probably go up to 0.1% and is usable in all the tabs and functions of PokerRanger, unless approximations in the output (not in the calculations itself!) make it more comfortable.

The syntax will also be: [percentage]AKs,22+[/percentage] with an arbitrary number of percentage numbers, e.g.:

[50.5]AKs,99+[/50.5][70]22-88,AKo[/70]

So, it will also be compatible with CREV and CTORB. On demand we will probably support other formats. An integration with PIOSolver and thus compatibility to their format is also very probable.

All the best,
Michael