Author Topic: Blockers in EV/FE Calculations  (Read 3021 times)

crosseba

• View Profile
Blockers in EV/FE Calculations
« on: June 10, 2016, 06:01:16 PM »
Are blockers taken into account when calculating combos in the EV/FE Calculations tab?  Lets say my BTN 4-bet fold range is A2s-A5s, shouldn't the Ax combos of villain be discounted?  When I hover over villains ranges when I am preflop none of the Ax combos are discounted.  For example, when I hover over the villain 5-bet range (QQ+,AKs,AKo) it says that "range combos: 34, discounted by other ranges and board: 34".  It does not seem to discount the Ax range when Heros range is A2s-A5s.  It seems that older versions of the software had calculated combo stats to the right of the ranges, but my version does not.

Eisflamme

• Administrator
  • PokerRanger
    • View Profile
Re: Blockers in EV/FE Calculations
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 07:24:47 PM »
Hi crosseba,

they are discounted in a way that does not subtract an integer number of combinations but only a fraction. If there is a clear integer discount number because Hero has a hand like AsAd, then the discounts are displayed.

Nevertheless, for the calculation itself the discounts are taken into account with all the fractional combination discounts, which influences both the EV as well as the ratios with which the particular reaction lines are weighted.

So, this is intended. If you hover over the EVs, you will see the total calculation weith the corresponding weights that are used to value the reactions.

Does this help you? If not or if you have any other questions, concerns or ideas, do not hesitate to convey them!

All the best,
Michael